Friday, February 13, 2009

Surrounded
Mixed Media on Canson Montval Acrylic Paper
17" x 15"
(framed dimensions)
$110.00 plus shipping
To purchase please contact
This past weekend I spent some time experimenting with a technique called Paste Paper. This is a mix of paint and paste (a variety of types can be used - I chose to use what is essentially a wall paper paste). The colored mixture is brushed on paper and then textured using any number of items from around the house. The ratio of paint to paste is one that I had to play with a bit before achieving any success, but it was fun once I got the hang of it. And, today I decided to try using one of the finished paste papers as a foundation for this painting. I let the textures of the piece and my imagination determine the direction of the painting. What a relaxing way to create...

No comments: