Sunday, September 12, 2010

Downtime
Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
(painted on all four sides - ready to hang)
15" x 60"
$1200.00 plus shipping

To purchase please contact

I've been itching to paint this boat scene since photographing it in South Freeport, Maine.  Last month's workshop with Carol Marine left me intrigued by the idea of working with a limited palette. I experimented a bit with a few smaller paintings before launching into this much larger piece. As it turned out, having more room to move about on a large canvas made it easier for me to see how the mix of colors worked together. It also made any color adjustments easier as well. And, actually, I'm just as pleased with the variety of colors I created on my palette as I am with the finished painting!

3 comments:

Timber said...

Beautiful! Wish I could see it close up.

Kathy Mallat said...

Thanks, Melanie!

Stephanie Berry said...

This is really nice. Love the blues and grays. I'm using a more limited palette since that workshop too.