Thursday, September 16, 2010

 Great Escape
Mixed Media on Arches Cover Paper
21" x 21"
(framed dimensions)
$375.00 plus $30.00 shipping
(see Purchasing Info on the sidebar)

I had fun working with a limited palette for this painting. The obvious challenge was the abundance of colors in the marbles. I'm amazed by what can be created when starting out with just eight colors. It's so much more interesting to work this way rather than just squeezing pre-mixed colors from the tube. 
The marbles in the painting are mine from childhood. My mom sewed the marble bag for me and, though it's not visible, she even hand embroidered my name on the front.

1 comment:

Brenda Ferguson said...

This is a beautiful piece. The orange works so well with the darker bag...and then the subtle colors of all those marbles...perfectly done.